In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, December 9, 2022

the frosting on the needlework

 Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy--the most recent Frostings box arrived from Thistle Threads!

And it had so many goodies that the box wouldn't hold them all.


And what is a Frostings box, you ask? 

Tricia Nguyễn of Thistle Threads has offered these collections of threads periodically since she opened her Cabinet of Curiosities course for casket makers and embroiderers who get all tingly over lovely and different threads. For the most part, they are based on the materials that 17th century girls would have had access to when creating their caskets--or treasure boxes. The contents are always unique--and I have been known to order multiple Frostings boxes when the contents are particularly swoon-worthy.

And since I'm all into the sparkly at the moment, there are several containers in this particular Frostings box that made my heart go pitty-pat.


There are a couple of bags of attachments--I think I'll use beads to hold them to the surface--and four little boxes of amazing, sparkling, metal threads. I wish you could see them in real life--they are amazing.

I have absolutely no idea what I will do with them. None whatsoever. But I think I need more.

(Tricia opens the shop several times a year. I think the last day for this quarter is today, and I think there are a few Frostings boxes left. Never say I don't do my best to enable! Thistle-Threads.com)

2 comments:

  1. I can see why you are excited , what a lovely box of goodies .
    Have a fun weekend , hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun box to receive! Although my first thought (before reading) was that you got frosting on your goldwork piece somehow. Happy weekend, Ann!

    ReplyDelete