In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Epic. Fail.

 Well, I signed into my online stump work class feeling quite comfortable. I've been stitching needlelace for decades. To be quite honest, I can't pull from the mists of memory whether I was introduced to it by Jane Zimmerman or Rae Iverson, but it was years and years ago.

And I sat in class and I Could.Not.Get.My.Tension.Right. 


It's a mess. I tired taking it out, and the Perle cotton started fraying and unraveling. I started fraying and unraveling along with it.

Now, this is a piece of needlelace I've done for another project. It's tiny, only about 1 1/2" long.


It occurred to me while I was struggling with size 5 Perle Cotton that I've always done needlelace with a much smaller thread. So, I think I'm going to dig into my size 12 Perle cotton stash to see if I have a color or two that will work with the other shades I have in this project and redo both of these samples with a smaller thread. It will take a lot more time, but, hey, I'm retired! What do I have but time?



1 comment:

  1. Sorry it was frustrating for you, Ann! Hoping the smaller needle does the trick.

    ReplyDelete