In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, December 15, 2022

A Wee Tiny Sampler

 Last night I finished the stitching on the tiniest band sampler I've ever done:

There are 77 bands on the sampler, each a variation on cross stitch or herringbone or cashmere or Queen--and I'm sure I left out something. The whole thing measures about 2 1/2" by 9 1/4".

This has been my after-dinner, before-bedtime project, and I was amazed by how much I got done and how quickly it went. Then it occurred to me that I usually have about three hours in the evening, and those hours add up quickly. So, I may continue to keep a project by my chair, just for that time of day.

This, of course, now joins the things in the finishing basket. The finishing basket is currently upstairs, out of sight and consequently, out of mind, while the Christmas tree is taking up its usual corner.

So, along with mixing up a batch of cookie dough for the cookies that have to chill overnight, and dusting and vacuuming the living room for our family get-together on Saturday, I need to think about finishing (if I spent as much time finishing as I spend thinking about finishing, that basket would be empty) and I need to decide on the next evening stitching project.

It's a full day ahead!

6 comments:

  1. That is cool, Ann! What chart/pattern is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh..came up as anonymous the first time!!! Also, what count did you do it on? Inquiring minds want to know!

      Delete
  2. Is that an istitch pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the tiny sampler that fits into a compartment in a project called Be Still My Heart, designed by Jackie du Plessis.

      Delete