In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, December 16, 2022

Oldie but Goodie

 I spent most of the day yesterday mixing up cookie dough and decluttering and making a honey-do list for Dearly Beloved so I could get him out of the house for awhile. 

Finally I flopped in the wing chair for the evening, realized I needed something to stitch, hopped back up, and looked for something to do.

And my oldest WIP popped into my hands. I may have mentioned that I started this crewel piece four or five decades ago. I'm very close to a finish, so it's now residing in my corner.

Last night I got part of the stem and most of a leaf stitched.

I'm getting a little concerned about the amount of dark green I have left. I have a humongous leaf that uses that shade, so I may skip from the stem to that leaf and get it done as quickly as possible.

This makes me think of people who are about to run out of gas and drive faster so they can get to the station before their tanks are empty. I don't know that stitching faster will increase the amount of yarn I have--and since the company who created it went out of business years and years ago, I will have to punt if I don't have enough--but this should be a reminder to get things done sooner rather than later.

Much later . . . 

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your progress on this piece, Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great , I ran out of thread and waited 4 weeks to come .So this time ordered two.

    ReplyDelete