In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, December 2, 2022

Another sparkly bit

 I'm still working to catch up on the lessons in my deep dive in Goldwork class, and here's another sparkly bit:


I'm reasonably happy with the square and unreasonably unhappy with the leaf. I don't like my miters on it at all, but having taken out and put in little bits of wire numerous times, I think I know now what I should have done.

But I don't want to do it again, so I'm leaving it. For now. Maybe.

I had plans (notice that having plans means the death knell for any activity) to work on the next two motifs today. However, Dearly Beloved and I seem to have come down with a bug, and neither of us had a restful night. I do not believe that dealing with metal threads and a sharp needle is a good idea. Ginger ale and crackers, now that's a good idea!

1 comment: