In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, December 23, 2022

Christmas Eve Eve

 The wind is howling and the arctic blast is blasting--the temperature dropped five degrees in half an hour--and I am wearing so many layers that it's quite possible that I can't put my arms down (shout out to "A Christmas Story").

And I haven't stitched in several days, a situation I plan to rectify right after lunch this afternoon. Too many other things happen this time of the year, but I'm feeling the lack.

And there is impetus to thread a needle. The last of my Christmas presents arrived last night, just when I had almost given up on their ever showing up.

I love Kate Barlow's designs, and she has an Etsy shop, and I found it, and that's all it took.

For next year's Christmas tree, the Christmas Rose.

For my continued obsession with all embroidery from the 17th century, a tiny little 17th century Stork.

I am being very disciplined, however. I have things I need to complete by the end of the year. Please keep in mind that there isn't anything that says I can't start on them, but I've been poking needles in lots of things this year with very few projects completed to show for my efforts. I'm ready to have some finishes, and the only way to have them is to be disciplined.

I've always rebelled agains discipline. This may be tough.

2 comments: