I gave myself a Christmas present--I finished all the motifs for the first term of the Deep Dive into Stumpwork class. Everything is now attached and stitched!
I'm still not happy with the first needlelace motif, but I am ecstatic about the second!
Tension is still a little wonky but it's ever so much better than previous attempts, so it's staying right where it's stitched.
This leaves the Goldwork to catch up on during the coming week.
Meanwhile, we're all bundled up and waiting for the end of the Arctic Blast. Faucets are dripping in hopes that we avoid burst pipes, and I have on my heaviest turtleneck and sweatshirt--not very cheery. Thus far, though, we still have power and heat. Alas, BDE and her housemates have neither. The mother of one of her housemates has opened her doors, and they, along with the three kitties, have decamped. The humans are all dealing well, the kitties are traumatized and are being very vocal about it.
So, I'm counting my blessings--and keeping my fingers crossed!