As I have mentioned before, I have not come close to meeting any of the needlework goals I had planned for my 70th year.
And now the biggest monkey wrench of them all has plopped itself down into my list of goals.
We are moving.
We've been talking about downsizing and moving for quite awhile, but we've received an offer that we felt we can't refuse. The problem is that we have to be moved in a little over three months. So, we have to sort through 30-plus years of accumulation as well as decide where we want to go--and find a place to go to--all in a fairly short time.
Blogging is going to take a back seat for a bit while I tear around the house with my hair on fire. I am going to try to thread a needle periodically so I can remember how to do it. I'm planning to go to a weekly update, depending on how things move along.
Anyway, I had already planned a long weekend at Sassy Jack's before all this happened, and I went for three classes with Jackie and Kim in the mountains.
I took my remedial class on Gardenesque. This definitely revived the desire to finish this project.
I started the sampler reproduction for Carmen:
Maybe I should say I barely started. I did get the linen sewn to the scroll bars. Carmen is a big girl--the linen is 19" wide and it's 45 count and it's unlike any other sampler I've stitched in that there really is no clearly defined top or bottom, other than the direction of the alphabet, which means there is a flower pot upside down on the top and an upside down dog in the middle and a sideways table--eventually you'll see what I mean.
I also did a very little bit on Victoria, which is based on Jackie's earlier Ebony and Ivory set:
This is another of Jackie's amazing engineering feats, and I'm looking forward to getting back to it.
As soon as we move.