In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Flower petals

 I finished a flower for my Stumpwork class yesterday.



The petals on the flower are attached only at the base, which made this an interesting thing to stitch. Luckily, we had several practice bits to do to become accustomed to the needle weaving. There is also a leaf to the right of the flower that uses a really unique technique to create--if you have one of the RSN Stumpwork Guides, you can find the directions for doing this type of leaf--believe it or not, it's made with a series of thread loops worked over a tiny piece of cardboard.

I also made slips yesterday. They are embroideries that are applied to another surface. I need to do the application part, and then I will show that. I'm just a little nervous about cutting them out. Oh, heck, who am I fooling--I'm very nervous about cutting them out. 

Last week during our online session, someone asked if there could be a class for working these bitty motifs with pudgy fingers. It was not me who asked, but I seconded the motion!

Anyway, today we will have the last online session for this term, and we will be working on two different types of needlelace. My plan is to get the needlelace stitched and all the stuff that needs to be attached to the main piece done tomorrow, so this will be complete. Then I have just two of the Goldwork sessions to catch up on, and the piece for this term of Goldwork will be complete. 



2 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful, you are talented.
    Enjoy your stitching time.
    I am still rushing around, getting nowhere fast .

    ReplyDelete