In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, December 18, 2022

The Big 7 - 0

 Yup, it's my birthday. And it's my seventieth one. Goodness Gracious, I am old.

I thought about just letting it go by without mention, but I couldn't. Actually, I feel very blessed to get here; I've lost so many dear friends who didn't. It's like every minute henceforth is a gift, whether I'm here for 15 more minutes or 15 more years. And I'm looking forward to more adventures, even if my wonky knees and bad back don't allow me to bustle around as I once did!

Those adventures will include needlework, of course, especially since a lovely package from the UK came just in time for my birthday.

The Pekok Glove from Jenny Adin-Christie arrived. I have been eagerly anticipating this project since I saw some of Jenny's sketches and first stitches on Facebook and Instagram--and finally, the kits were available.

Opening one of Jenny's kits is like a birthday and Christmas all together:


There are a lot of moving parts in her designs, and every section has its own labeled bag of goodies. I understand that Jenny's mum is the chief kit packager, and she does a miraculous job of putting it all together.

Am I going to dive right in? It is tempting--oh, so tempting!--but I also want to clear the stitching decks before the end of the year. I have exciting things waiting for me in 2023, and I want to be ready for all of them.

(We'll see how long my will power holds out.)


6 comments:

  1. Ann, wishing you a very happy 70th birthday....I welcome you officially to the club!!! After one week, I'm not finding it that bad...it's just a number. I hear 70 is the new 50..that's my story and I'm sticking with it! Hope you have a great day!
    PS What a fabulous project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Ann! What a lovely project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Seventieth Year! That's how I am thinking of it since turning 70 in October. And yes, while the bones ache more and the fingers become more difficult to work with, each morning feels glorious! I look forward to seeing this glove next year, Enjoy and have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A belated happy birthday, Ann! I think turning 70 calls for a yearlong celebration.

    ReplyDelete