In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, August 1, 2022

Big Blue House

 I started building the big blue house yesterday.


Sharon, who is reproducing the sampler for her company, Thy Needle's Worke, says she believes that Mary Ann originally stitched the house in purple. Unfortunately, due to the way the original sampler is mounted, she can't access the back to be sure, so the color on the front is the one we're going with.

Many times, girls stitched what they knew. Does this mean that there was a big purple house in Mary Ann's neighborhood? Or could it have been stone with a purplish cast? This house definitely doesn't have brick and mortar--it's one solid color--so what was used to construct it?

I'm just glad I can build it with needle and thread.

2 comments:

  1. Glad house construction is underway! Happy August, Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house looks beautiful .
    Here years ago many houses were made of cob and they are still standing after many years .

    ReplyDelete