In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, August 5, 2022

Big scary bird

 The landscaping crew finished planting grass yesterday, then, due to the heat, did very little else until evening.

One and a half of a pair of big, scary birds landed on the sampler last night. They are actually quite regal looking, and I think they might be there to protect the two crowns that will soon appear between them.

I can tell I'm really on the home stretch with this project. For one thing, I'm starting to list things I want to do when this is handed off to the designer. I'm also thinking that I've been a monogamous stitcher for too long, and it's time to start mixing things up. This, of course, has to do with the twenty or so projects on the current list. Since I want to stick a needle in each and every one of them, I may as well do so and get it out of my system.

Plus, I think it will be more interesting for both myself and my readers. I don't want any of us to get bored.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for the landscaping crew! This has been so enjoyable to watch things appear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are never boring, Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have loved watching your stitching grow .
    And you always make me smile and laugh.
    Your so funny Ann we would be great friends if we lived near each other.
    Enjoy your day .

    ReplyDelete