In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, August 4, 2022

Critters in the Grass

The landscapers made a valiant effort, but they had to plant grass around a dog and two rabbits who took up residence in the yard.


Fingers are crossed that the front lawn in completed today.

I was reading a description of an involved project on a designer's web page, and she mentioned that it would provide hundreds of hours of stitching pleasure. Hundreds of hours? I said to myself. Heavens, really?

Well, yes, some projects take hundreds of hours, although, in my state of self-delusion, I always underestimate how much time anything will take me to stitch. However, when there are big blocks of color in cross stitch, I will admit that it begins to feel like hundreds of hours. This is the last such area on this sampler, though--I go on to a bunch of smaller motifs for the bottom third of the sampler. And that's the part I'm really looking forward to.

3 comments:

  1. Your lawn is looking good. Solid chunks always seem like they take longer to me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really want to know that a project will take me hundreds of hours, because then I will think that I will never have the hundreds of hours to work on the project, not to mention keeping focus on a project for that long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you enjoyed stitching around the dog and rabbits .
    Enjoy ,you are doing so well on this design

    ReplyDelete