In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, August 23, 2022

More Books

 Alison Cole had a sale on her site, and I succumbed to temptation. 

I've been looking at these books for years. They're good introductions to goldwork in general, but the main draw is the list of projects--lots and lots of projects that serve as both inspiration and instruction. Alison creates beautiful things--just check out her website--and I'm adding these to my library, next to her Masterclass books on Goldwork and Stumpwork.

Okay, I'll admit it--it's the peacock. You can only see his tail on the cover--but the design for the entire bird is in the book. At some point in my stitching career, I plan to stitch that peacock, along with some of the other designs that Sarah Rakestraw offers on her website, the Golden Hinde.

I need to rearrange some shelves to add to my Goldwork section. Dearly Beloved suggested that perhaps we may need another bookcase, but I'm not sure where it would go. Figuring that out may give him a project for today. Hmmmmm . . .

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful additions to your shelves, Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful books , I am happy to know I am not the only naughty one. Ha have a fun day.

    ReplyDelete