In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, August 15, 2022

It is my pleasure to introduce

 Miss Mary Ann Turner


And a close-up of the lower third, with all the sweet motifs:

She will be available this fall, reproduced by Thy Needles's Worke. You can find other samplers from Sharon's collection at her Etsy store.

After putting the last stitch in, I thought about taking the night off. But when I sat down to watch Grantchester, my hands were fidgety, so I pulled out the ancient crewel piece I excavated awhile back. It now has a leaf.

So, what's next?

First of all, I'm going to beat back the ravening hordes of dust bunnies and throw a couple of loads of laundry in. Then I think I'm going to determine which of the projects in the finishing basket will get first dibs on my time and attention. Currently, the top layer has three of the four projects I've taken from Jackie at Sassy Jack's ready to go, two of Sherri Jones' Patrick's Woods designs, and an ancient sweet bag that Tricia Nguyen designed for the Historic Needlework Guild. There are also several Christmas ornaments that I could do now and have ready in December.

Or I could sit in my corner and take the day off.

You'll know as soon as I do.

3 comments: