In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, August 13, 2022

Getting There

I've finished Mary Ann's left side and have started on the right. 

I'd really hoped to get more done, but adult-ing got in the way. And then Dearly Beloved really wanted lasagna for dinner. Making sauce from scratch requires a lot of chopping and dicing and sautéing--but I take a short-cut once everything is prepped and dump it in the crock pot to simmer. Assembly takes a few minutes, too, so I spent more time in the kitchen than I had planned.

I think we're both getting ready for fall and more substantial meals--we've lived on corn on the cob, peaches, tomatoes, and watermelon this summer, and soups and stews and casseroles are beginning to be very appetizing. There may also be a combination of dealing with the heat and wishing for cooler temps.

But I digress.

I figure I have a minimum of 8 - 10 hours of stitching to get this done. But if I do half of that today and half tomorrow, Miss Mary Ann will see a finish by the time the weekend is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment