In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, August 6, 2022

Big flowers

 So the scary birds are guarding the crowns, and I've started the huge flowers that live in a huge vase in the center of this third of the sampler.

I really wonder how the red in the original sampler managed to retain such a vivid hue. So many of the other colors have a much softer tone, but this red is right in your face. Then again, there are a couple of orange birds in the middle third that are also quite colorful. One of those mysteries of textile dyes, I suppose.

2 comments:

  1. Well done on getting the birds finished! I don't think they are guarding the crowns, but the big flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are looking bright , but I like them next to the blue birds . Enjoy your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete