In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Off the Rails

 I am making no plans for the rest of this week.

As we speak, I should be at my EGA chapter's weekly stitch-in. I am not.

I had set the clock for 7:30, which would give me plenty of time to shower, dress, have breakfast, and decide what to take to work on. I woke up before the clock went off, glanced at it, noticed it said 6:26, thought, "Yay, another hour to sleep", rolled over, and dropped off again.

Somewhat later, I woke up for the second time, looked at the clock again, noticed it said 6:26--again--sat up in bed and looked at Dearly Beloved's clock, which said 10:33, and realized that the batteries in my clock had died. At 6:26.

By the time I showered and dressed and figured out what to take, I would have arrived just about in time to unpack everything and then repack it and drive home.

Next week, I'm setting two clocks. After replacing the batteries in my alarm clock.

Meanwhile, I went off in a different direction on Mary Ann yesterday.

I had started to fill in one of the spot motifs and was thinking about either finishing all the motifs on one side before going to the other, or going back and forth between the two sides of the sampler.  I was also thinking about how much fun those little motifs would be to stitch and how boring the final border would be.

Well, duh.

If you go ahead and finish the rest of the border, then all you have to do are the fun little motifs.

So that's what I did.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Ann, well you have done well on your stitching .
    Oh no , your not the first , I have also done this before and I hate to be late .
    I went out shopping with a friend yesterday boy did we have fun. So hot here can't do much work.
    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete