In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Little Stitches

 Once a month, I have a two-hour zoom class. I am totally incapable of sitting quietly during lectures--either my mind wanders in totally unrelated directions or I start to nod off. Neither is particularly helpful. I used to knit in college lectures (drove the professors crazy, especially since I can do plain knitting without actually looking at the stitches), but I've found that I can stitch during zoom meetings if the project isn't terribly complex.

There are several smalls that were designed to go with Tribute, so during yesterday's zoom class, I started the outlining and embellishment for a little fabric basket designed to hold bead bottles.


Doesn't look like much, but it is such a relief to have all that backstitching done!

I will likely continue to work on this today. We have a stitch-in for our regular EGA meeting tonight, and I think this will be a good project to take.

Of course, it means just that much more to assemble. I am trying to avoid thinking about that.


1 comment: