In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, July 11, 2021

Ten Years On

 A friend reminded me that my blog is ten years old today.

How did that happen?

Anyway,  I looked at it to see what I was doing then. I discovered that not much has changed. I still have the attention span of a gnat, I still have way too many things started and not finished, and I tend to run after all the new, shiny things.

I did find that I had pulled a bunch of projects to work on during the first month I blogged. I expected to have them stitched by October of that year.

Well, that didn't happen. Five of them are finished (although not by October). Two of them were not.

The Nantucket Workbasket is in the finish-finishing basket. It's been there for quite a long time. I need to pull that out and take care of it.

Rebecah French, by coincidence, is in the current stack of projects by the wing chair. She has been in and out of that stack for ten years. Maybe she will finally see completion in a reasonable amount of time.

I have no idea what a reasonable amount of time is. Obviously.

Will I continue to blog for another ten years? At the moment, I plan to. It appears, though, that blogger is going to make it more difficult for readers to have notifications of new posts via email. I hope you'll continue to check to see what I'm up to--now that I'm retired, I have the time to post almost every day.

Meanwhile. I have finally finished all four of the big leaves on my Tudor Embroidery class project.

I should probably mention that there are only two shades of green used in this motif. The way the light reflects makes it look like more. Cool. huh!

I need to look at the video directions for the rest of this again, just to make sure I know what I'm supposed to be doing.  I would love to finish this motif, since the directions for the next one have been posted. Keep your fingers crossed I can keep up with this one.

Although the last ten years of blogging don't indicate I manage to do that very often!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Ann on your tenth blogging anniversary, I have been following you for quite some time and was pleased to read you plan to continue blogging. It is disappointing that so many blogs have disappeared

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your tenth blogging year .
    I passed 10 years and lost count on my blog ha.
    Love your stitching you have made wonderful progress .
    Enjoy your new week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like you could be speaking for me……what was I thinking when I started my blog and the concept of time/completion of projects. Unfortunately I seem to echo it again every January when I plan out my year.

    You are making great progress on your Tudor embroidery.

    ReplyDelete