In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, July 24, 2021

Happy Mail Day

 Today was a very good mail day.

This month's button shipment arrived from Jackie du Plessis--more pretty buttons to use on future projects as well as the directions for a little bonus kit.

And then this:


 The supplies for three more accessory pieces for "Home Sweet Home" arrived from Inspirations.

I bought the original book and kit for Home Sweet Home ten years ago. It went on my list of retirement projects. Who knew that the year I retired that a new edition would be published, with more things to stitch?

So rather than getting the second motif for the Tudor class finished today, I've been diving into the stash to unearth the supplies for yet another project I want to work on right away.

If I just put one stitch into everything I have piled up to work on right away, it would take me two weeks and three days to get through all of them. That is a conservative estimate. I suppose this means I should go stitch on something so I can start something else.

So I will.


2 comments:

  1. I love your Home Sweet Home project.
    I have just brought a new Christmas kit .
    It's a great feeling when things arrive .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been debating buying the new edition so I can have the instructions for the new smalls: they're so pretty. Looking at the photo, I think the shapes are awfully similar to a set I have by Susan O'Connor, so I guess I'll have to play a while and see if I can make reasonable facsimiles from illustrations in the first edition. (Just looked at the full kit from Inspirations...it will take a while to save that many pennies!)

    ReplyDelete