In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, July 8, 2021

Day Two of Tudor Stitching

 Today I worked on leaves.

I almost got the dark green on all four leaves stitches before my hands announced that they had had enough and I needed to do something else.

And, yes, I know the design is upside down. I found I stitch the direction of the slant on these stitches better if I work from lower left to upper right--so I turned the motif upside down. I realized this when I was working the gold stitches. I am not going to take out the gold. This is a learning experience. I remind myself of that constantly.

I did go rogue on this a little, because I deviated from the suggested stitching sequence. I was supposed to couch gold passing  in the center. Gold passing is a metallic thread. Knowing how klutzy I am, I would have dragged the filament silk across the metallic and it would have frayed and shredded--so I'm working the leaves before I start the metal threads.

And my alternate project has had a few stitches added. I have partial strawberries. 


With any luck, I may have those stitched before I go to bed tonight, if I stay up late. Since I've been yawning since five o'clock, we'll see how that goes.

1 comment: