Today I worked on leaves.
I almost got the dark green on all four leaves stitches before my hands announced that they had had enough and I needed to do something else.
And, yes, I know the design is upside down. I found I stitch the direction of the slant on these stitches better if I work from lower left to upper right--so I turned the motif upside down. I realized this when I was working the gold stitches. I am not going to take out the gold. This is a learning experience. I remind myself of that constantly.
I did go rogue on this a little, because I deviated from the suggested stitching sequence. I was supposed to couch gold passing in the center. Gold passing is a metallic thread. Knowing how klutzy I am, I would have dragged the filament silk across the metallic and it would have frayed and shredded--so I'm working the leaves before I start the metal threads.
And my alternate project has had a few stitches added. I have partial strawberries.