In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Not gonna happen

 Nothing is going to happen today. No stitching, nope, not a bit.

Did you ever have one of those days when all you want to do is sit in a corner and rock and drool? That's the kind of day I'm having. I didn't sleep well last night, so consequently stayed in bed longer than I usually do.  That's thrown the whole day off.

Then a fly got into the house, and Dearly Beloved is perched on the edge of his seat, fly swatter in hand, to take the little devil out. Not to be mean about it, but his ability to launch himself from the seat and attack is quite a bit slower than it once was. I'm a little concerned that I may be needed to help him off the floor if he slides rather than soars.

I'm also a little concerned that he might swat the fly on my needlework, so it's perhaps best it remain covered.

Just another exciting day in a retiree's life!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you got that fly in the end .
    Not much going on here it's just to hot at the moment .
    So sticky with this heat , rain is on the way thank goodness .
    Hope today is better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ann, I love your sense of humor! And your honesty. So refreshing!

    ReplyDelete