In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, July 3, 2021

On the Other Hand

I'm still working on setting up the fabrics for the Tudor Embroidery class I'm doing, and that's not quite as boring as watching paint dry or grass grow, but it's very close. It also involved Dearly Beloved, who had decided to reorganize my stash room when he retired. He had put the big frame stand I use for slate frames "away" which means it was at the back of a deep closet with things in front of it. All the things in front of it were very carefully stacked and fitted around each other, but that meant that they all had to be removed.

Sigh . . . 

To maintain my sanity, I decided I need to alternate other projects until I get to the embroidery part of the class.

So, now I'm stitching an alphabet on the Stitcher's Envelope.


Considering that I generally find stitching alphabets just slightly less painful than dental surgery, I believe I should find a couple of other projects to alternate with the setting up process.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Ann you are so funny , you do make me laugh .
    Enjoy your day and your stitching .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ann, I do enjoy your dry wit-and honesty!
    Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He reorganized your stash??!!! *GASP* Wonderful Husband just throws up his hands when he looks at mine, lol. Oh dear, letters - I know you definitely do not enjoy stitching letters, so you simply must find another project for alternating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like stitching letters either. Just hate it. That's unfortunate for me because my favorite designs are reproduction samplers. Doesn't make sense. I always put off stitching those letters as long as I can. A nice red house is what I look for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why do our dearly beloveds think we want our stashes organized? Have they not realized yet that they ARE organized, put where we can get to them when we need them and not crammed in like Jenga pieces? it was very sweet of him to try.

    ReplyDelete