In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, July 23, 2021

Close but no cigar

 Sigh . . . I ran out of cording before I got the last couple of motifs outlined.


So, I will make a little more cording tonight so I can finish this motif tomorrow. I thought about finishing it tonight,  but I have spent all the time I can, bent over the slate frame, for today. My back has announced it's done, or I will be done in. I listen to my back when it's adamant.

And I have been asked about the results of the Great Fly Escapade. The Evil Wee Beastie was dispatched, sent to its reward, gone from this world--in short Dearly Beloved smashed it with the fly swatter. In fact, he smashed it so hard, he broke the handle of the swatter. Granted, the swatter is the one we had when we got married, and apparently 45-year-old plastic can become brittle. 

In fact, when my father was helping us move into our first apartment, he told us we needed to take that plastic thing back and get a "real" fly swatter, one made with a wire handle and wire mesh swatter. This thing, he sneered, will never last.

As usual, Daddy was right.


1 comment:

  1. The older the better , things don't seem to last long today.
    Your work is becoming just so beautiful.
    We have rain now so hoping it will go a wee bit cooler .
    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete