In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, January 14, 2024

Spooky, much?

I had an extraordinarily vivid dream last night. One of those dreams that was so vivid that it was hard to tell if it was real or not when I woke up.

I dreamed about needlework.

Of course I dreamed about needlework.

I dreamed I had finished the sweet bag from a class I took from Margriet Hogue years and years ago.

Of course, in reality, I haven't finished it. Far from it.


The spooky thing is that I climbed out of bed, trotted into the stash containment room, opened the first bin inside the door, and found the kit. There was no searching, no question about where it might be, nope, there it was.

I believe something is telling me to finish this, so it's in the basket of things I want to do this year. I still plan for Harmony and Carmen to be my focus projects, but this sweet bag is sliding in somewhere.

Any time a project calls that loudly, I must answer. 

And yes, Dearly Beloved thinks that I have gone around the bend. Probably the rest of the sane world does as well.

5 comments:

  1. It's certainly very charming! a beautiful color palette. I'm not surprised you dreamt about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was calling to you , it is really beautiful.
    I think it wants to be finished .
    I hope all my stitching kits don't call me ,I would never get any sleep, Ha . Hugs June,

    ReplyDelete
  3. You finding the kit so quickly was meant to be, it looks gorgeous. Look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think it is spooky. Definitely a sign to get it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is definitely a "sweet bag"!

    ReplyDelete