In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, January 28, 2024

Rebooting

 I've decided I need to reboot the year. January has been a wash-out in more ways than one, with none of the goals I wanted to accomplish actually accomplished.

The medical people are tweaking my thyroid meds again, since the change instituted in September when they lowered the dosage lowered it too much. That is probably a major reason why my get-up-and-go got-up-and-went, taking my stitching mojo with it.

On the positive side, so far I've managed to stay current with my online whitework class. Granted, we've only had two classes, but I'm looking for a win here. 

And I have finished the first motif on Carmen.

My photography does not do it justice. I am so very, very pleased with the way it turned out, mainly because I managed to do it on 46 count linen AND I managed to divide a strand of Soie Perlee into three strands without creating a tangled mess and losing my mind in the process.

I think I need to spend today organizing myself and deciding--again--what I really want to work on and how I want to tackle it. The pile of UFOs is getting higher, and I need to get some things finished and out of that pile.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Stitching , it looks wonderful.
    I have been down with a nasty virus for 2 weeks .
    But feeling much better now , Hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the motif on Carmen, Ann. But then I am a sucker for carnations in a basket/pot. I hope they figure out your meds issue with the tweaking. Have a great start to this Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of a reboot. I went into this year thinking I just need to finish my commitment to my EGA chapter for programs thru May and stitch three ornaments for the grandgirls.

    But my studio is a wreck. And I'm giving myself till the Super Bowl to fix that. And I will pick at least two long range projects to finish in 2024.

    ReplyDelete