In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Show and Tell 4

 I've been lured into stumpwork in the last few years. I'm not very good at it, but practice makes perfect I am told, and I plan to do a lot of practice.

And this is one thing to help do that. I hope.

Another Inspirations kit--oh my, isn't it beautiful? Roses are my favorite flower despite the fact that they're prickly and subject to all sorts of issues and as I have a black thumb, I have never attempted to grow them--but maybe I can stitch one.  I'm going to make a valiant effort.

In other news: you may remember this is the year I was going to work on projects I had started from my stash.

And then I got Tricia Nguyen's Thistle Threads newsletter this morning.

She is offering new classes this year.

Classes that I want to take.

I am doomed

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful , you must stitch this one , I love it .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspirations kits are always so lovely, I have three in my sewing room waiting to be started.
    I wasn's aware Thistle Threads was still ongoing! I'll be checking that out soon as I love Tricia's classes and projects. I started the Glittering Gentleman's Nightcap several years ago, then shattered my shoulder joint and couldn't stitch for nearly a year. I've been thinking about it a lot lately, so may be picking it up soon.
    Your work is always lovely.
    Kathy P in. Pittsburgh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, Thistle Threads is still going strong. Actually, Tricia has started a Flosstube, Travels with Tricia, and she talked about the plans for 2024. She also has some ongoing online classes that are wonderful. Glad your shoulder healed and you can stitch again!

      Delete