In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Brain Blank

 When I was setting up my stitching plans, I totally left out my online class.

Galloping senility.

Anyway, Tuesdays will now be my class day. That still gives me two days before and two days after for each focus project.

Today we did eyelets. My first round eyelet came out more like a square than a circle, but the second one is fine. We also did square eyelets, diamond eyelets, and freeform eyelets--the latter requires flexibility and randomness--and I'm not so great on random. Anyway, here's this week's classwork:

Before class, aside from baking a loaf of banana bread, I finished the first corner on the first band for Carmen and started one of the dividing bands, mainly because I wanted to get an idea of how wide the average band will be. Actually, I don't think there will be any average band sizes, based on what the charts look like, but I had that idea right before bed last night without looking at the rest of the charts. I looked at the charts after I started the dividing band.


And about that banana bread . . . Dearly Beloved, as I may have mentioned before, does the hunting and gathering thing. In other words, he just loves to go to the grocery store where he wanders the aisles, every single one, and looks at everything. This would drive me crazy--I want to get in and get out--so we do not grocery shop together. However, this means that the man brings home bunches of bananas that would fill King Kong. 

I know there's a method in his madness. We cannot eat all of the bananas before they get really, really ripe. I don't care for mushy bananas. Dearly Beloved loves them because that means I am likely to make banana bread out of them. There is a method in his madness.

And he thinks I don't know what he's doing.


1 comment:

  1. Your eyelets look awesome, Ann. Carmen looks fantastic. As a change up, you could take the banana bread batter and make muffins.

    ReplyDelete