In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Good enough

 I decided the maybe it would be helpful to remove the stitched pieces from the muslin pad in case I stabbed myself again before I did the next motif.

So I did, and sewed them to the main piece of linen for Harmony.

Do they look like I wish they did? Nope, far from it. But I have decided that this is my learning piece before I start my double casket. It has most of the techniques I want to use on the Big Box, and none of them are techniques I do in my everyday stitching. So, I get some practice and end up with a finished piece at the same time. 

I have the two center motifs to do to finish this part of the side piece. Hopefully what I've learned on these early bits will help me know what to do and what to avoid on the next ones.

At least that's the plan.

2 comments:

  1. I love this stitching, it's just so beautiful.
    Have a great day , hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks great! Smart move, Ann!

    ReplyDelete