In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, January 1, 2024

Happy New Year!

I did not see the ball drop on Times Square although I did have the ceremonial dumping of the ort jar about 10:30.

And today I realized that 2024 may be the year of BAPs.

Harmony is obviously the biggest of my Big A** Projects, and I did work on it today. I also worked on a drawn thread sampler while I spent some time online in a virtual stitch-in with the Western Reserve Sampler Guild. (That was loads of fun, and I hope they do it again next year. Hopefully I'll be able to stay for the whole thing. This year we had unexpected company and I had to leave.) Tonight, I pulled Carmen out of her pillowcase and finished the vase at the top (?) of the sampler.

Carmen is a reproduction that Jackie charted and taught for Sassy Jack's last March. I had taken Carmen't Etui earlier (it's one of the pieces that I plan to finish-finish this year). When I took the etui class, Jackie had the original Carmen sampler to show us.

Carmen isn't worked like our traditional English band samplers. It goes off in all directions. I do wonder if it would have been used as a table runner rather than a framed piece originally--you'll see what I mean as I move along.

Anyway, I finished the vase I started in class not quite a year ago, and, yes, it is standing on its head.


I'm trying to decide if I can focus my eyes long enough to add more greenery to the vase--this is on 45 count linen, and when I say I need to focus, I really need to focus--or if I should try to get to bed at a reasonable hour.

If the timing of my bedtime is the hardest decision I have to make this year, it's going to be a good year.

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year , I like the upside stitching , hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!!! Thanks for reminding me to dump my ort jar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year--I'm looking forward to see what you stitch this year! (I always follow even though I don't always comment) Glenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate all the comments, even though I can't figure out how to reply to comments on my own blog. I hope you have a great 2024!

      Delete