In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, January 29, 2024

New Plans

 I'm a member of the Western Reserve Sampler Guild, a group of amazing stitchers. Rose is one of the most amazing--she stitches beautiful samplers and gets more done in a year than almost everyone else I know. She had mentioned that she uses a rotation system, and I asked her how she set it up.

Keep in mind that I've tried a number of rotations and failed--and I mean Epic Fails--with all of them.

Rose works on a different sampler each week in the month. She has five going at the moment. She works in each one for its assigned week. On the last day, she packs up that sampler, and sets up the next so it's ready to go when she wants to start stitching the next day.

I'm going to try something along those lines. 

My week is going to be Sunday through Thursday. Because I am tired of moving the finishing baskets from one spot to another, I'm working on finishing on Friday afternoons and Saturdays until I get some finish-finishes completed.

My schedule is going to be wonky for February, March, and April because I have three trips planned, but otherwise, at the moment. I'm working on Carmen and Harmony, then I'm going to have a miscellaneous week--that's when I will pull one of the four projects out of the basket that are close to completion and work on it. I'm not assigning just one because I know having that flexibility may just be the thing that keep me going on this rotation.

Anyway, this is Carmen's week. And this is where I am at the moment.

Notice that little zigzag line along the perimeter? That took most of yesterday. As just one more example of how everything takes much longer than I think it should, I figured I'd have it knocked out in a couple of hours. Multiply that by--well, never mind, it's an embarrassing amount of time.

Wish me luck. I REALLY want to get some major projects finished this year instead of my usual scattershot approach which results in loads of UFOs and very few FFOs.

3 comments:

  1. Looking great Ann. Enjoy your stitching and your plans sound good , I change my plans every few weeks . And keep rotating .
    Then it all goes out the window . Never mind if I am having all is well. enjoy hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carmen is looking good, Ann. I think your new plan sounds great. I like that you are building in a bit of variety.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you good luck with your plans....I hope you get what you want accomplished. Either way, just enjoy what you're working on!!!

    ReplyDelete