In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Invisible

I hoped to show you some pulled work today, since that's what we're doing in my online deep dive whitework class this term.

However, I learned something new today. All the pulled work classes I have taken in the past never mentioned working a row of double running around the perimeter of the motif to stabilize the fabric. Today I learned that was a good thing, and that it was also a very good thing to be sure to pierce the linen threads for additional stability. Very sharp needle. Very white thread on very white fabric.

White thread on white fabric.

Pretty much invisible.

It appeared that most of the people in the class were able to tootle right along and get that perimeter stitched for each of the motifs we were to do. Then they were able to work the pulled stitches in the center of the motif. 

I was not one of them, so all I have to show are those invisible perimeter stitches. I guess you can't show something that's invisible.


2 comments: