In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, April 4, 2022

To and Fro

Once again, I took the computer with every intention of blogging while I was gone. And, as usual, too much was going on--or I was too brain-dead--to sit down and do anything with it.

Dearly Beloved and I got home late yesterday evening from a quick trip to Salty Yarns, where I took another wonderful class from Jackie du Plessis.


 This is called Be Still My Heart. It will have a fitted compartment in the large drawer at the bottom that holds a variety of goodies, and there will be a pincushion on each of the compartments at the top. I've started on the piece that will be the base for the compartments, and the plan is to continue with that.

Until I go back to Salty Yarns at the end of the week for another class with Jackie. This time, Baby Girl is going to be my traveling companion, and I will take a class called Love Letters.

It is true, I stalk Jackie. You may have noticed. I enjoy her classes, and love the finished projects. And as long as the class is within reasonable driving distance, I take advantage of every opportunity.

So, the rest of the year is going to be devoted to Harmony and Jackie classes and Hannah Thornbush. I decided that on the very long drive home yesterday.

The hospitality at Salty, with Sara and Sally and Mary, was superb, as always. It's one of my very favorite places to visit and take classes.

I am beginning to wonder, though, if the last two years of pandemic shutdowns have affected my roadworthiness. I've always loved road trips, the longer the better. However, I'm finding I don't bounce back like I used to. By the time I got home last night, I was creaking!

So, today I need to figure out a way to oil my joints before I settle down to a lovely day of stitching.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Ann your new stitch looks fab.
    Sounds like you had a great time .
    Once you have rested you will be fine .
    Have a happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take a long warm shower, and spend a few minutes stretching (Silver Sneakers has great YouTube videos). I'll be at Salty Yarns at the end of April and again in early May - love SY, The Lankford, and the family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't the whole Lankford family the best? I love it there, just wish it were closer!

    ReplyDelete