In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

It was an Impulse

 It has been noted that I like shiny things. And I ran across a designer I hadn't seen before, and she is selling shiny gold work needlework, and I was weak and succumbed to temptation.

I succumbed to temptation three times. You may notice.

The order was filled almost immediately and made it from the UK in about a week, which was nothing short of amazing. In case you would also like to succumb to temptation, the designer's name is Sheila Knight and the name of her Etsy shop is SMKEmbroidery.

Normally I would dive right in, but I am still recovering from the trip. I still can't figure out how riding in a car can be so tiring. Maybe it was riding in a car for long distances four times in a little over a week.

I expect to be back to normal by next week.

Dearly Beloved just asked how I defined normal. He is now going to cook dinner as penance.

3 comments:

  1. The kits are lovely and I believe her instructions are good, as well. Have fun. Goldwork is a bit fussy when you first start, but like other forms of needlework, you pick it up quickly..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new kits .
    I only cross stitch , I am not so clever as you are Ann but I just love watching to see what beautiful work you do.
    Have a lovely Easter , and hope you take a good rest after your Trips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful shiny new projects, Ann! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete