In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

A couple of hours

 I haven't been retired so long that I've forgotten what day it is, and this is definitely not Sampler Sunday.

However, once a month, I have a two hour Zoom class, and I have found that I listen better if my hands are busy. I didn't want to work on anything that required constant referral to a chart, or, Heaven forbid, accurate counting--but I could do satin stitch to fill in motifs.

So I got most of the double running on the current band of Hannah Thornbush completed, and I spent my time in class filling in satin stitch.

I think this was also a good exercise to determine exactly how much I can accomplish with two hours of consistent stitching. The answer is, more than I expected but not as much as I would like.

And this is another place on this project in which I wish we had been given a chart that showed all the bands together. This was an online class, and we only received the charts for the bands we were to work on for that particular lesson. The row to show where to place this band in relationship to the previous one isn't always clear, and I do believe I am a stitch or two farther to the left than I should be.

I have also decided I don't care and I'm not ripping it out. So there!

(I can hear generations of school teachers and perfectionist ancestors gasping in dismay. Alas, I am being contrary once again!)

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear Ann I would not want to rip it out .
    I think it would damage the material.
    Looks great to me .
    Have a happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to do some fill in while you attended your Zoom class! I wouldn't rip it out.

    ReplyDelete