In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Wonderful Things

I'm home again, from another enjoyable weekend at Salty Yarns. I have two new Jackie du Plessis projects to stitch, and I spent the drive here planning my approach to both. 

I believe that I will get the "innards" of both finished and installed, then move on to working on the sewing rolls and other goodies that will live in each--so more to add to the schedule (NOT rotation).

And, while I was gone, the kit for a class with Catherine Theron through the Orange Coast Sampler Guild arrived, along with a needle minder commemorating the 30th anniversary of the group:


Since the beginning of the year, I have added a total of three projects from Jackie, two from Catherine, and the Jane Bostocke sampler--and there's more to come. I believe I need to get stitching!

By the way, it has come to my attention that Baby Girl is years out of university. She has become a self-supporting, self-sustaining, mortgage-paying adult, delightful company under almost every circumstance. Yes, I am very proud of her, but perhaps I should stop calling her Baby Girl on the blog. Henceforth (at least when I remember to do it), she shall be known as Best Daughter Ever (BDE, for short).

All other family I.D.'s will remain the same.


4 comments:

  1. They are always our babies! Hard habit to break. My OCSG Catherine kit came too....are you starting? I wasn't sure about the linen placement so assumed I should wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter has also been gainfully employed, "with benefits", and just bought a house. Yet she will always be My Little Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree we all have names for daughters .
    Mine is Babs or my love.
    Nice kit enjoy .

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful project you featured! Glad you had a good trip to OCMD.

    ReplyDelete