In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, April 24, 2022

Real Life

Since the last time I wrote, Real Life has intruded on my stitching life, so there's been very little to report.

However, I've made a start on the next band of Hannah Thornbush, a rather pathetic start, but at least it's a start.

And there was a little stitched into Behold Thy Beauty:


This is the part of the pattern where the repetition starts to get to me. I think I'm going to move to working one strand every day or two until it's done.

And I think I'll have to employ the same tactic for this lovely accessory piece. I do want to get this stitched and assembled, simply because it will make displaying the etui and accessories so much easier.


So, onward and upward. I have one more day of Real Life--a dentist appointment to do the final steps after a root canal tomorrow--and then I hope and pray that I can go back to the schedule I set up months ago.

Or, I could work on some finishing. Or start a new project.  Checking things off my to-do list doesn't seem to be very successful, so I may as well try to be flexible!


2 comments:

  1. Looking Beautiful .
    I know Ann how things get in the way , life is like this .
    I have also slowed down on the stitching I want to do because of normal life .
    I am stitching a edge and it never came together , so now I had to unpick and start again ! most times I would throw it in the box , but no I have started it again and just two threads a day and now it is almost done , with out rushing .
    All the best with your dental work .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your dental appointment goes smoothly for you, Ann. Your projects are looking good.

    ReplyDelete