In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, April 9, 2022

lovin' it

I have made it back to Salty Yarns for another class with Jackie, and I am loving it.


 We are outfitting a beautiful tiger maple box.  I have managed to line the bottom of the box, and I've made a paper mock-up of the stitching roll that will live in it, and I did a rose on a doodle cloth today.  This may not sound like much to a non-stitcher, but by the time I got the mock-up finished, my head had exploded and I needed a nap. Luckily, this was a good stopping point for the class, so we'll get back to work tomorrow.

I love coming to Salty Yarn for classes--probably have mentioned this a time or twenty.  Not only do we have superb hospitality from Sara and Mary and their crews, the people who attend classes here are delightful.  And helpful. I left my roll of Scotch tape and some other things that I knew I might need sitting on the kitchen table at home. Not a problem--my tablemates were generous and sharing and took care of me.

It's always wonderful when your tribe expands, and the workshops that Salty offers is the reason mine has grown.



1 comment:

  1. One of these years, I'll get out to Salty Yarns. I've heard so many good things about it! Can't wait to see your finish!

    ReplyDelete