In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, January 7, 2022

Pretty Leaves

Sometimes you make plans for your day, and then you wake up, and something catches your eye, and your plans change.

And that happened to me this morning. I plopped down in the chair, ready to pull out the threads to work on Harmony, and Carmen's Etui was sitting there with a lone leaf stitched. The next thing you know, I had threaded the needle and had stitched the second leaf, and then the third, and then the fourth and now the framework for this panel is done. 

If this looks a little familiar, it's because it's a repeat of the first panel.

I have a feeling that I'm going to alternate Carmen with Harmony, depending on how I feel when I get up in the morning. Actually, getting those two projects and Hannah done in one year would be quite an accomplishment.

However, that is an aspiration. I am setting no goals or making any resolutions this year, but I can live with an aspiration. For some reason, that sounds gentler and less pressured than a goal or resolution. I think I'm only going to have aspirations from now on!

2 comments:

  1. I am not setting Goals, just working on putting stitching on a large stitch and working on six smalls .
    I find this is enougth for a weeks stitching , I keep to my 6 each week but change the large every week .
    Your stitching is looking Fab .
    Enjoy your weekend .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how it caught your eye and then it was finished! Stitch what makes you happy, or in your case, catches your eye. I tend to now want to stop with an unthreaded needle. But then I say, I'll just get it started....and then I'm stitching again. Love this hobby of ours. Thanks for sharing your stitches....beautiful!

    ReplyDelete