In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Harmony

 It's ready to go (almost, once I get it on the slate frame).

The first side is traced. 

I am so excited, I can't stand it, although I have decided, if I ever win the lottery, I'm going to use part of my winnings to hire somebody to trace designs for me and to set up my slate frames.

I had a comment yesterday (Hi, Susan!) and a couple of emails, and then a phone call last night from a friend--all of them asking about doing Harmony, which is one of the 2022 online classes that Tricia Nguyen is offering. Basically, it all boiled down to should I? could I? would I?

Yes you should, you could and you (hopefully) will.

  • Opportunities like this don't come along every day. And it's always the projects that I pass on that I regret later.
  • The materials--the artisans who have created many of the materials have or are retiring, so the stuff to make it aren't going to be available. Actually, I took the course when it was first offered, and had the a la carte option, meaning that I didn't get a full kit but bought the bits and pieces I didn't have. Over the last several years, I used some of the threads, for example, on other things. When I was pulling my supplies together, there are colors I no longer have or missed getting--and they are now out-of-stock for anyone except those who are taking the class now.
  • The instructions are fantastic, with clear, color photos of each and every step. If I have a good photo, I can usually figure out what I'm supposed to do, and these pictures are great!
  • There is a community of stitchers who are available for advice and support when you sign up. You can participate as much or as little as you wish.
  • You can change things if you want. If you don't want to do needlelace, you don't have to. If you want to add needlelace, you can. 
  • If you can do French knots, tent stitch, couching, and Queen stitch, you're ready to start. Any other stitches, you'll have the chance to learn.
A friend and I are working on this together. We're not setting a schedule or deadlines, but using each other as a sounding board and cheering section. And I will be blogging about my progress. If the course is set up with the same schedule as before, the class postings extend over a couple of years, which would give you time to work on other things as well as this one. 

Yes,  I am hoping to enable. I do not profit or get a cut or anything else--I just love having others go down the same rabbit holes I do!

1 comment: