In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, January 22, 2022

Another Psychedelic Caterpillar

 The whole time I was working on this motif, I could hear Grace Slick wailing "Feed your head" in my mind.

I have now dated myself.

And like all good psychedelic caterpillars, he seems to be floating in mid-air.

He'll get grass sometime today. I had planned to get his little hill as well as the last one on the right done yesterday, but he took a lot longer than I anticipated. I had to couch a crinkle gimp silk thread down to make the segments of his body, which means that the start and end of each piece of gimp has to be plunged to the back and sewn down on the wrong side. I could have left all those ends on the front and plunged and sewn at one time.

But, as we all know, I am a klutz. I could easily tangle up the couching thread in all those ends sticking up, so I plunged and sewed with each change in color.

And, after my back let me know that I had been leaning over the frame for long enough, I moved to my other current Major Project. 


This basket motif will be repeated at the base of the handle for Carmen's Etui. It's another thing I hope to work on this afternoon.

So, busy day ahead!


2 comments:

  1. That caterpillar is too darn cute!!! Love your Jefferson Airplane reference!

    ReplyDelete