In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, January 10, 2022

ARGH!!!!

I was making such good progress on Hannah that I thought I would give her another couple of hours of attention today.

And that is when I found out that I'm one thread off. At the very beginning of the double running.


 Foul language was employed.

It didn't help.

I am pretty OCD when it comes to my stitching, but there is absolutely no way I'm going to rip out all of this work.  I think I'm going to figure out a way to move over one thread in the same general area as the original mistake and just keep on going. I don't think it will be noticeable, and probably no one will ever know.

Except the people who read my blog and myself, and we'll never tell.

Right?

6 comments:

  1. I am just as OCD but there is no way I would rip that out. No one will ever know the difference, including us blog readers who will forget about it long before the sampler is complete. It’s looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope I remember where I was--but that's a task for another day. Today I don't want to think about it any more!

      Delete
  2. It is beautiful, and not worth ripping out for one thread. You can compensate. I have a few samplers hanging on the walls that have a little something here and there, and over time, I forget what or where it was. I love this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH no don't rip it out .
    Looks beautiful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I won't tell anyone, and I am sure that I will not notice.

    ReplyDelete