In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, January 3, 2022

Highs and Lows

 It is now colder than it was when I got up this morning.

After a week of spring-like temps and rain, it's starting to act like January. It's getting colder by the hour, but the sun is trying to come out, and I am always much happier on sunny days.

Do you think it might have something to do with easier stitching in daylight?

Yesterday I filled in four little leaves with detached buttonhole. Teeny little leaves means teeny little buttonhole stitches. And they were not only teeny, the direction of the buttonhole stitches changed.  What was Hannah thinking? (I know what I was thinking when I was stitching them, and it wasn't very nice.)

I also remembered one of the reasons I had laid Hannah aside. She suffers from floppy linen--to the point that I think I'm going to lace the sides of the linen to the sides of the scroll bar. Before I do that, I want to unroll the top of the sampler to see if I can figure out why the left side of the sampler is lower than the rest of it. I can't imagine that the stitches that hold the sampler to the roll bar have come loose, but that's the only logical explanation I can come up with. I guess I'll find out.

Anyway, after getting the leaves done, I thought I'd do a little on Carmen's Etui. The four corners are filled in and I've started just a bit on the center motif.


Actually, I think I'm going to spend the rest of the afternoon working on this. I had hoped to get the design for the first panel of the Harmony casket traced so I could get my new start for 2022 actually started.  My back still has other ideas, so I guess I need to baby it a little more.

This getting older is interfering with what I want to do!


2 comments:

  1. I hate floppy linen. Try putting a strip of warm and natural quilt batting on each side and rolling it up with your linen. It helps to even out the tension in the unstitched areas and may help with the linen.

    I’m contemplating signing up for Harmony which would be the height of irresponsibility considering my skill level and the size of my stash. Not to mention that I already have Five Senses to do. But it’s tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again beautiful stitching love the soft color of the last one .
    Yes be carful with your back .
    I love daylight hours but here we just have dull days most days for the next two months

    ReplyDelete