In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Whirligig?

 I started on the sewing roll for Dear Heart:

This swirly, whirly thing is a vine that becomes the basis for a cluster of roses. There are six of these on the outside of the sewing roll.

They are not symmetrical, they are more organic--which is another way of saying that they're not all that easy to count. So, until I get them all stitched in, this project will not be attending our weekly EGA stitch-ins with me.

I took another project with me, one which I have not touched since April or May. I spent most of the time at the stitch-in figuring out where I was and what I was doing the last time I worked on it. By the time I had it all figured out, it was time to come home.

And the plumber is here to work on the broken pipe under the kitchen sink. I need to distract Dearly Beloved so the plumber can take care of it without supervision and extraneous conversation.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your work growing.
    Sounds like my husband. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the plumbing issue has been repaired and distracting Dearly Beloved was an easy task.

    ReplyDelete