In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, November 6, 2022

Getting it done

 Before I could proceed with the sewing roll that fits Dear Heart, I had to stitch the vines that are the basis for the design on the exterior panel.

And I quibbled and delayed.

The chart is tiny. (whine, whine, whine)

It's dark thread on a dark background. (whine, whine, whine)

It's going to take a lot of counting and recounting. (whine, whine, whine)

I finally hitched up the Granny panties, turned on a strong light, and did it. And actually, it wasn't that hard to see the chart or the dark thread on the dark background, and I only counted everything twice just to make sure I counted accurately the first time.

I haven't quite decided if I'm going to start adding the roses to the vines or if I'll do something else today. Actually, what I should do is clear off the bed in BDE's former bedroom so she'll have a place to sleep when she comes home for the holidays. And that will send me down a rabbit hole for sure, since that's where I have a lot of stash waiting for me to stitch. That is a major distraction--but I do have an extra hour today to play!

2 comments: