In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Back on the Grid

 For a variety of reasons, my stitching mojo ran away and would not come back--so I took some time off from stitching and blogging. Sometimes, it's best not to force things.

Not that I haven't had plenty of inspiration--I've had a couple of very good mail weeks, and I'll show you what arrived over the next few days as I ease back into my usual routine.

I make it sound like I haven't picked up a needle at all--but I have. I've been working on my online classes, and I finally got all the leaves for the inside of the lid for the box for Dear Heart worked.


Sorry for the photo. It's a gray and gloomy day, so no natural light for a decent photo.

I have started the sewing roll that will live inside the box--right now, what I have is about a mile and a half of back stitches that will outline the edge of the roll and create part of the assembly. Another half a mile, and I can start stitching the garlands of roses that will adorn the outside of the piece. And then there are pretty little pockets that will hold thread winders for the inside of the roll. 

I do not know why people call sewing accessories "smalls" when there is absolutely nothing small about any of it!


3 comments:

  1. What a beauty you have been working on, Ann! Happy November!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful to me.
    I was hoping you were not ill.
    But yes, it's good to take a rest sometimes.
    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors in this piece...glad your mojo is back!

    ReplyDelete