In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, November 5, 2022

Itsy-Bitsy, Teensy-Weensy

The pin cushions are outlined, so I started the border stitches that will go around the sides.


 I love the texture, I love the look, and I love the fact that I will have a good project for the weekly stitch-ins. It helps to have something easy to stitch, since the conversations are so interesting!

Now I think I will alternate between this and setting up the rose clusters on my other current set of smalls, maybe do a day on each.

I wonder sometimes why these accessory pieces are generally lumped under the heading of "smalls." I have projects that have taken longer to stitch than some samplers. Occasionally I also ask myself just how many smalls and etuis and sewing boxes I need. I think the answer has to do with "want" rather than "need." And the answer is that I simply love little boxes and baskets fitted out with all kinds of toys.

My version of a second childhood.

3 comments:

  1. I really like the look of your box, it's so beautiful.
    It's going to be stunning. Enjoy your Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you on the smalls addiction, Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is looking good, Ann. Perfect piece for stitch ins and Zooming!

    ReplyDelete