In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, November 4, 2022

Well Worth the Wait

 Last January, Jackie du Plessis offered some retired teaching pieces for sale to her Facebook friends.

I succumbed.

However, demand was higher than expected, and the supply chain is still slow as molasses for embroidery supplies. I suppose there are things considered more vital than linens and silks and ribbons, although, to a stitcher, those are quite necessary. Anyway, it's been a long wait--and there is still another kit I ordered waiting for supplies--but three of them have arrived.


A Case for Color--loads of different stitches, actually a sampler of different stitches--that will contain an accordion case for skeins of silk--and, oh, those rich reds and greens!


Floret Etui and Slipper--this folds into a "purse" to hold stitching essentials, and the slipper becomes a thimble holder--soft pinks and greens and floral designs--all appealing to the prissy part of my personality.


Nancy's Nécessaire--another etui with a fascinating construction--and again, those pretty floral garlands.

I do believe I'll have enough to do while I waiting for the fourth kit to arrive. Yesterday I worked on lessons from the online goldwork class and did more outlining for the pin cushions for Be Still My Heart. I plan to do the same today. I think my mojo is definitely coming back!



2 comments: