In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, November 7, 2022

I didn't mean to . . .

 I was going to save the side panels for Be Still My Heart's pin cushions for stitch-ins and Zoom meetings, just like Robin suggested a couple of days ago.

Somehow, all four sides of the first pin cushion and one of the next have been stitched.


Ok, Ok, I have a rationalization. I got a couple of lessons behind on both of my online classes, and I've been working to catch up. I'm doing techniques I have not done before in both classes, so I have to concentrate and focus and pay attention to what I'm doing--I have wondered what I was thinking of to do both classes simultaneously--OH! I remember--they were both offered at the same time and I wanted to do both, so there you go--anyway, by the time I finish the part I want to do each morning, I need something relatively easy and well within my skill level to work on.

And this has repeated patterns and no counting to speak of and the colors are soothing and I like the design, so this is the project I'm doing to allow my brain to cool off after the morning stitching.

I've been asked to show what I'm doing in the online classes, and I will show you my work at the end of each of the three terms. As long as you promise not to look too closely . . . 


3 comments:

  1. I spent some time today catching up on your blog and reading about your various projects going back a few months and oh my goodness, your finishing on some of the projects like the Jackie du Plessis and Barbara Jackson pieces are beautiful! Thank you for taking the time to share pics of them. It's so inspiring! I also love the Catherine Theron whitework sampler you're doing. I think Williamsburg needs to go on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pattern and colors Ann....I can see why it was soothing to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your side panels look great, Ann. You have to do what you have to do 'cuz stitching is supposed to be a joy.

    ReplyDelete